Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Meet me at the Allentown Paper Show

October 6th & 7th

After many years of crawling around old antique stores, visiting every flea market within three hours from my home and browsing each garage sale even if the drive by proved lacking, I now have put a stake in the ground. I have decided to attend the upcoming Allentown Paper Show at Agricultural Hall in Allentown not as a buyer, wandering the halls, but from the other side of the table.  This is the first time, most of my collection has ever seen the light of day. 

Under the my stage name, Vintage Stocks and Bonds, I procured a large booth in the main hall. My first quandary was what quality items could I possibly offer for sale for what is expected to be 1,400 discerning buyers to this great event. After searching every box and pile around the house, I found postcards, sheet music, artwork, tickets to the 1932 Republican and Democratic National Conventions from 1932 and admission tickets from the 1876 and 1893 Worlds Fair in amazing condition, odds and ends ephemera and of course, stocks and bonds from America to around the globe. If you are looking for a great deal on a blueberry, in green, I have one for sale at a great price. One of my many interesting items for sale at the show is an uncancelled original Central Transportation Company stock from the 1880's issued to George Pullman and signed on the back by Robert Todd Lincoln in perfect condition.

 
These coupons are good as a reminder and save you a dollar at the door.


Plan a day visiting and make sure you spend time at the Farmers Market just next store.  The address, for GPS is Allentown Fairgrounds 1929 Chew Street, Allentown, PA. Please contact me at vintagestocksandbonds@yahoo.com if you have any questions or are interested in a particular item.

See you at the Allentown paper Show.
Bill    

No comments:

Post a Comment